Only users with access to Resources tab and Admin page can see resources' detailed information.
In our Simple UI there is a number of default fields that can be filled in for a resource but as each company is specific, you can set some additional custom fields on the resource that will keep important information.
How to create new custom fields on Resource object?
1) To see what fields are available on resources' simple UI, open the Resources tab on the Admin page. Standard fields are always displayed at the top and the custom fields at the bottom of the page.
2) The default fields of the Resources tab layout contains:
Annual Holiday Days - number
Daily Cost - number
Daily Rate - number
Departing Date - date
Departing Date information
Department - picklist
Email - lookup
Enable Holidays - checkbox
First Name - text
Force Header - checkbox
Grade - picklist
Hourly Cost - number
Hourly Rate - number
Hours Per Day - number
Hours Per Day Limit - number
Hours Per Week - number
Hours Per Week Limit - number
Joining Date - date
Last Name - text
Phone - phone
Remaining Holiday days - number
Resource Type - picklist
Restrict Holidays - checkbox
Schedulable - checkbox
Show Holidays - checkbox
Supervisor - lookup
Tags - text
Username - lookup
Working Days – checkbox
3) To add a new custom field on resources, firstly we need to create the field on the Resource object. To do so, open the Setup.
4) Choose 'Objects' from the 'Create' section or type 'Objects' into te Quick Find/Search field.
5) From the list of objects, choose the 'Resource' object.
6) Below the 'Resource Custom Object Definition Detail' you can find 'Custom Fields &Relationships' section. To add a new custom field to the resource object click the 'New' button.
7) Choose the Custom Field Data Type. If you are not sure which one to choose, read the explanations available on the right. Then click 'Next'.
8) Fill in the field details. Field Label when entered, will automatically be populated in the Field Name when you click on it. Then click 'Next'.
9) Set up the visibility of the field for profiles.The new field will be available only for profiles you mark on this page. Click 'Next'.
10) Decide which Resources page's layouts should have the field added and Save. You can also use Save&New if you want to add some more fields.
11) After saving the new field, find it on the list of custom fields and copy the API Name as it will be needed when you will add the new field to Resources tab interface.
How to add new custom fields to Resources interface?
1) Open the Custom Properties tab on the Admin page.
2) From the dropdown 'Select Custom Property', choose Resources.
3) Add custom property window will appear. Fill in the fields:
Name - type the name of the field that should be displayed on Resources layout. It doesn't have to be the same as the custom field's name, however it is easier to manage custom fields when you are able to recognize them.
Type - choose the data type you have chosen for the custom field. If your custom field is a picklist, an additional checkbox will be displayed in the Add custom property window - 'Filterable First Letter'. Tick it if you want your field to be filterable when you start typing a value into it.
Path - enter the API name of the custom field.
Order - enter the order number of the field, custom fields will be displayed in that order.
Required - tick this checkbox if the field should be required.
Searchable - not applicable on resources custom properties.
Visible - not applicable on resources custom properties.
Click Add to save the custom property.
4) Your new field will be displayed on all resources in the Resources tab on the Admin page at the bottom of the page in the order you have set.