If you want to use in your organization grouping resources by departments, you can easily add them and assign to your resources.
In the newest versions of Precursive, the department information is not required anymore on resources.
How to add a new department and assign resources to it?
1) Open the Resources tab on the Admin page.
2) Choose the resource you want to add to an already existing department or to add it to a completely new that you want to create. You can select the name from the list or simply type the name of the resource into the Search field.
3a) Click the Department field to extend the list of already existing departments. If you want to assign the resource to one of them, just select the department name from the drop down and click the 'Update' button at the bottom of the page.
3b) If you want to assign the resource to a completely new department, type its name into the field below the Search Department field and press Enter. The new Department will be selected automatically.
4) If you made a mistake in the new department's name, you can remove it before saving the resource's data by clicking the little cross icon. Then you enter it once again. To save it, click the 'Update' button at the bottom of the page.
How to remove an already existing department from the drop down list on resources?
1) Go to the list of All Tabs to open the custom object tab 'Resources'.
If it is not on your list of All Tabs, follow our article on how to add a missing tab for a custom object:
Add a missing tab for a custom object
2) Click the 'Go!' button to open the list of resources.
2a) If the Resources layout doesn't include the fields: Resource Name and Department, click the Edit button at the top of the page to add them. If you have all needed fields on the layout, pass to point 3 of this article.
2b) If you want to create a completely new layout view, enter a new name into the 'View Name' field.
In the 'Specify Filter Criteria' section, enter the filter on the Department field, choose the 'equals' operator and enter the department name you want to remove into the 'Value' field.
Select Resource Name and Department field from the 'Available Fields' list and add to the 'Selected Fields' section. You can restrict the visibility of this layout view at the bottom of the page or make visible to all users. You can also save this view or click 'Save As' to save it as a new view.
3) Now, when you have the view filtered by Department name you want to remove from the drop down list on resources, you need to remove all department name entries from resources. To do so, tick the checkbox at the top to mark all resources and then double-click on one of the department entries.
4) 'Edit Department' window will appear. If you want to exchange the department name on those resources to a new one, enter the new name into the 'Department' field. If you want to remove the department name completely leave this field blank.
Tick 'All selected records' checkbox and click Save.