Flexible Teams enable selected people to log their time on timesheets against the project without a scheduled booking. Bookings can be added later.
In single phase projects, add resources to your Flexible Team on the parent project. The Flexible Team functionality won't be available on the child of the single phase project.
In multi-phases projects, add the team to the parent if the same team should work on each phase, or add it to phases when each phase should have a different team.
Flexible Team functionality is available only on non-public parent projects or phases.
As you add the team to the project before adding the bookings, only people selected as the team can log their time against this project or phase. A project without bookings but with a team added will be available for the team in the Add Booking drop-down below the timesheet.
How to add a Flexible Team to the Parent project?
1) You can the Flexible Team while creating the project or by clicking the Update Project pencil on an existing project.
2) In both cases: when you create or update the project, the Flexible Team section will be available below the Project Dates section. If it is not, check if the project isn't set as public.
3) Start typing your resources' names into the Select Individuals field and choose the team from the picklist, then save your project.
How to add a Flexible Teams to phases?
1) If all phases should have the same team, add it to the parent project. If each phase should have a different team, select the phase you want to add a team to and click the Update Phase pencil.
2) The Flexible Team section will be available below the Resources section. If you can't see it, check if the phase is not set as public. Enter the names of individuals that should be able to log their time against this phase even if they are not scheduled on it.