You can use this functionality when the Simple Project function is disabled in the Project Set Up view. To Add a New Phase open the project you want to edit. Click on the Add New Phase button.
The Add New Phase button will redirect you to the Phase Set Up view which consists of 6 different boards:
2. Total Fees.
3. Total Summary.
5. Task Types.
6. Expenses Categories.
- In the Details board you can enter some general information about the Project Phase:
- Project Owner
- Start Date
- End Date
- Public Phase indicator
- Phase Type (Fixed Price, Time & Material Participant, Time & Material Activities)
- Expense budget
- Fee budget
2. To expand the Total Fees board, click on the arrow on the right side.
This view shows information about Fees Revenue and Total Fees.
Remember: In a Fixed Price budget, the Fees Revenue field should be filled with the price of the project. In T&M projects this field is grey.
In the Total Fees board users can configure Contingency and Discount.
3. In the Total Summary board the Total Revenue and Total Cost data are used to calculate your Total Profit and Margin.
4. In the Resources board you can Add Participants to the Project Phase by adding New Booking, Booking Request or Booking Allocation.
To Add Participant to the Project Phase you can use the Add button or the Quick Add Field by typing Resource's name or choosing it from the drop down list. When participants are added they appear on the participants list. Adding participants is possible during project's creation and edition.
5) Task Types board allows you to add activities to the particular phase. The Task Types button must be enabled (drag it to the right). This option allows the participants to split their worktime report into different activities on one Project/Phase. When it is enabled, activities must be added to the project phase, otherwise participants won't be able to report their worktime. When tasks are added, they appear on the tasks list. When Task Type is disabled, participants report their worktime directly against the Project Phase.
6) The Expenses Categories board enables you to define Expenses Categories, without them participants can't add expenses to the project. Expenses Categories can be created during project/phase creation or later. You can also edit existing expenses categories.
Add New Phase by clicking on the Create button.
Remember: Phase Status is always copied from the parent project. It is not possible to have different statuses on the parent project and its phases.