Department information is used to group resources on Scheduling in the Team view and in reports. Department field can be found in Resource details on the Admin page.
How to Create a Department
- Go to Setup.
- Find Administration Setup. Expand Manage Users and select Users.
- Click on the user you want to assign a new department to.
4. Click on Edit.
5. Enter the name of the new department in the Department field and click on Save.
6. Go to the Resources tab on the Admin page and synchronise the Resource with the User data.
7. Tick the box to select the resource and click on Synchronize.
8. Now the resource is assigned to a new department.
9. This department can be selected from the drop down list when adding/editing resources.
How to Create a New Department for non-Users
1. Go to All Tabs.
2. Click on the Contacts tab.
3. View All Contacts.
4. Create New Contact.
5. Enter the name of the new department in the Department field. Fill in all mandatory fields.
6. Click on Save.
7. Go to the Resources tab on the Admin page and create a New resource From Contact.
8. Select the contact with the new department and click on Create Resources.
9. Now the new department can be selected from the drop down list when adding/editing resources.