Each Precursive user requires a resource created in Precursive.
There are three available Resource types in Preempt:
Contact - Salesforce contact.
Human - user from your organization.
Non-human - non-human resource, for example, a machine or external contractor which costs should be scheduled and included in your projects' budget calculations. Non-human resources have only Name and Grade available in the Personal Details section, they can't have an email address, username, profile etc.
You can select Resource Types only when the resource is created manually (option New from the drop-down) when the resource is created from an existing Salesforce User the resource will be a Human type,
if from Contact it will be a Contact type.
New Resource from User/Contact
1) If the Resource you want to create already exists as a Contact or User, use the New From User or New from Contact option to create the Resource quicker.
You will not have to fill in all the fields as some of them will be copied from the user or contact.
2) Choose the user or contact you want to create the resource for by clicking the right arrow next to the name. Then hit Create Resources button.
If you choose more resources at the same time, Precursive will create resources for all of them after clicking on Create Resources.
When you make a mistake during the selection, use the arrow on the right side of the page next to the name to get it back to the list of users or contacts without resources.
3) Go back to the Resource tab and type the name of the created resource into the Search box. Select the resource from the list to edit his data.
4) Complete the data in the Personal Details section.
- You can add a photo or logo.
- Add tags for your resource's skills to make him searchable on the Scheduling.
- Switch on the Schedulable setting to make the resource being visible on Scheduling and available for bookings.
- Switch on the Holidays if you are using the Holidays Allowance process in Precursive.
- If the resource doesn't require access to Salesforce and is just a Precursive user, switch on the Remove Salesforce Header button.
- Name - will be populated automatically from the user.
- Last Name - will be populated automatically from the user.
- Username - will be populated automatically from the user.
- Profile - will be populated automatically from the user.
- Email - will be populated automatically from the user.
- Enter the Phone number.
- Choose a Grade from the drop down list if your organization uses Grades grouping. Grades are available in the drop down menu only if they were created in the Roles tab. If you want to clear the Grade field, click on the cross.
- Set the Joining Date to block the user from adding time and others from booking this resource before this date. Joining Date will also help to avoid overdue timesheets for the time period before this date.
- Set the Departing Date when the user leaves your company to block the user from adding time and others from booking this resource after this date. Departing Date will also help to avoid overdue timesheets for the time period after this date.
- Departing Date Information - when the Departing Date is set, this field will display the information about existing bookings after this date. It will also allow you to truncate all bookings after the Departing Date.
- Clone Resource - when your resource is updated, you can clone it by using this button.
For more information about Joining and Departing Date, read our article: Joining and Departing Date functionality
5) Complete the data in the Working Details section.
- Select a Department.
- Set the Supervisor, especially if your Approval path contains the Line Manager approval.
- (3 - 6) Set the Daily Rate, Daily Cost, Hourly Rate, Hourly Cost.
6) In the Working Hours section you can define:
- Switch on and set the Working Days for the resources - all new bookings will be created in default for the resource's working days. If you drag the Natural Days button on the booking, it will also include the non-working days.
- Switch on and set the Weekly or Daily Minimum Submittable Hours - resources will not be able to submit their timesheets if they do not meet this requirements.
- Set the Standard Working Hours per day - all new bookings will be created with this value as default.
7) If you switched on the Holidays option for the resource and the Holidays Allowance process has been set up on your org, in the Holidays section you can complete the holidays' settings.
- Set the total number of allowed holidays' days.
- Tick this checkbox if you want to allow the resource to book more holidays than allowed.
- The Remaining Holiday Days will show how many holidays days are left for the resource. This field is not editable.
- Tick the checkbox if you want the resource to see his total and remaining holidays on MyPrecursive.
8) The last section of the Resource Detail page are Custom Properties. Fields which are displayed here depends on the custom configuration of your org. Those fields can be attachments (you can add attachments with maximum size of 1,5 MB), email configurations checkboxes, accounts, etc. To save the resource's data, hit Update.
For more information about custom fields on resources, read our article: Custom fields on Resources
You can also create resources manually, however that will require entering all the data on the resource manually. When you want to create a new resource manually, choose the New option from the drop-down in the Resources tab. You will be able to select the Resource Type when you create the resource manually.