If you want to use accounts in your projects, you can add this field to your projects' page.
Firstly, you need to set Field Definition for the Project with the name Accounts.
To do this, you have to create the tabs Views and Field Definition.
- Go to Setup.
- In the App Setup, choose Create→Tabs.
- In the Custom Tabs click New
- Enter Tab name Views.
- Choose object View.
- Choose Tab's Style, then click Next.
- Choose for which profiles the Tab should be visible.
- Choose Preempt as the application for which you want to add the tab.
Repeat same steps to create the tab Field Definition.
Go back to All Tabs list and select the Views tab, then click Go!. Click on the View Name.
If there are no field definitions created under the View, go to Field Definition tab and click New Field Definition.
Enter following data for Status field:
- CSS Class: Test Class
- Icon: Icon
- Field Type: Lookup
- Field Order: 1
- Label: Account
- Object Name: pve__Project__c
- Path: pve__Account__c
- Then Save.
If some field definitions already exists:
- Click on the last Field Definition name from the list, then Clone.
- Change the field order to next number in order.
- Change Field Type to Lookup.
- Label should be Account.
- Object's Name should be pve__Project__c.
- Path should be account__c, (remark there should be a double emphasis between status and 'c'.
- Click Save.
If in the View there were no view fields created, click New View Field.
- Enter the Field Definition for which you are creating this view field.
- Enter the sam field order as you entered into corresponding field definition.
If there were some view fields created before, clone the View Field.
- Click on the View Field name, then Clone.
- Enter the Field Definition's number you just have created.
- Enter the same Field Order as you entered for the Field Definition.
Now, if you want add Accounts you want to use, go to Accounts tab to the All Tabs list and click the New button.
Fulfil at least the Account Name as it is required.
Now you can assign accounts to your projects.
Accounts names will be visible in the Projects page in the Account column.
You will see the Accounts also on the Scheduling page, choosing the Project View as the projects will be grouped by accounts. Each account can be assigned to multiple projects.