If your all projects' structure and tasks are the same, you can set some default task types that will be created automatically everytime you create a project.
To set these default task types:
- Go to Setup → App Setup.
- Expand the Develop section.
- Click on Custom Metadata Types.
- Click on Manage Records.
- Click New if you want to create a new predefined task.
- Click Edit if want to edit an existing one.
- Click Delete if want to delete one.
- Enter the Task Name into the Label field.
- Click on the Default Activity Name so the name you will appear there automatically.
- Enter the Task Name once again into the Description field, if it is not populated the task name will not be displayed on the project page.
- Click Save.
Now each time you create a project the predefined task type will appear on your project.
In projects based on activities the revenue will be calculated from the task type, in projects based on participants revenue will be calculated from rates and rate modifier.
Revenue is counted after clicking the Create button.