Use Calendar Events functionality for global holidays in your organization.
It allows users to submit their timesheets without entering any actual time against projects for that day.
Calendar events when created before bookings, blocks adding bookings for that days.
Bookings can be added to Calendar Events days only when the Natural Days button in the Booking window is switched on.
Calendar events days are greyed out on Scheduling and MyPrecursive pages, so you can see them as non-working days.
How to create a Calendar Event?
1) To create a calendar event check if Calendar Events tab is available on your list of 'All Tabs'. If not, follow our article on how to add tabs for custom objects and create the tab for the Calendar Event object:
Add a missing tab for a custom object
2) In the Calendar Event tab, click the 'Go!' button.
3) Then click 'New Calendar Event' button to add a new event.
4) Fill in the required fields: Date and Title. Then you can save or click 'Save & New' when you want to add more calendar events.
5) Calendar events are grayed out on the Scheduling so you can easily recognize them. If you don't switch on the Natural Days button while creating a new booking, it will not include calendar events days.
Remember that if a booking was created before a calendar event was added, it will not be removed as calendar events are not overwriting existing bookings. To have a consistent schedule, you can remove the bookings for a calendar event day by clicking the particular entries and entering 0 Hours per Day. Make sure the booking time range you edit is including only the calendar event day.
6) Calendar events are also grayed out on Timesheets so they can be easily recognized and users don't have to enter any time on that day. The system will allow them to submit their timesheets with 0 hours on that day. The calculation of Hours per day limit and Hours per week limit will not include the calendar event day.