If your all projects' structure and expenses are the same, you can set some default expense categories that will be created automatically everytime you create a project.
To set these default expense category:
- Go to Setup → App Setup.
- Expand the Develop section.
- Click on Custom Metadata Types.
- Click on Manage Records.
- Click New if you want to create a new predefined expense category.
- Click Edit if want to edit an existing one.
- Click Delete if want to delete one.
- Enter the Expense Category Name into Master Label.
- Click on the Object Name so the name you have added will appear there automatically.
- Enter the Expense Category Name once again into the Name field, in other way the Expense Category name will not be displayed on the project page.
- Check isBillable to true if you want to this expense category to be billable.
- Click Save.
Now each time you create a project the default expense category will appear on your project.
If you want to add another expense category for particular project, you have to click on + button in edit mode.
You have also possibility to edit or delete default expense category from particular project.