This functionality allows importing calendar events with bookings' information from Precursive to your Outlook or Gmail calendar in the form of an ics. file
Calendar events are sent by email every time a new booking has been created, changed or deleted. They can be configured to be sent in all bookings' statuses or just for selected statuses.
How to configure emails so that they contain calendar events?
1) Go to Custom Settings. Type it into the Quick Find/Search box or find it below the Develop section. Click the 'Manage' button next to Preempt Global Settings.
2) Select 'Global'.
3) Click 'Edit' to switch on the email notifications with calendar events.
3) Switch on following settings to configure the email notifications:
Email notification - to enable email notifications on the org
Send email for on change booking - to enable email notifications for new and changed bookings on the org
Send email for deleted participant - to enable email notifications for deleted bookings on the org
Send Email with Booking Calendar Events - to enable emails with calendar events on the org
Booking Statuses To Send Calendar Events - if only some of the booking statuses should trigger the addition of the ics. file in the email, enter the names of statuses in the following format: Active;Proposed;Confirmed
Calendar Events For All Booking Statuses - switch it on if you want the emails to be sent for all booking statuses
4) Now, to have the email notifications working, you need to enable them on your resources. Follow the section 'How to activate email notifications on the resource level?' of the article How To Configure Email Notifications?and switch on the following settings on selected resources:
Email notifications - to enable email notififcations
Email with booking calendar events - to enable emails with calendar events
Email for on change bookings - to enable email notifications for new and changed bookings for selected resources
Email for deleted participant - to enable email notifications for deleted bookings for selected resources
5) Now, when all is set up, when a project owner adds a new booking, changes an existing booking or deletes a booking for a participant on his project, the participant will receive an email notification with an ics. file to import to his calendar.
It won't work for project manger's own bookings, it is working only when the booking is added or changed for another person than the user that is making changes.
Import bookings into Outlook calendar.
- Open the email notification with the booking. Save the attachment which is an ics file on your computer.
- Open your Outlook calendar.
- Click on File → Open and Export → Import/Export.
- Choose the Import iCalendar (.ics) or vCalendar (.vcs) option from the Import Export creator and click Next.
- Choose the file you want to import and click Open.
- Outlook will ask you if you want to open this file or import it. Choose Import.
- Calendar events will be added to your Outlook calendar for the days booked. They will be displayed as whole days even if the booking is shorter than 8 hours. When you open a particular event you will see the number of hours booked in Precursive, you can adjust the event duration accordingly to the description.
- If the booking will be changed or deleted and you receive an email notification, delete the previous version of the booking from your calendar and import the new one if the booking has changed.
Import bookings to Gmail calendar
- Open the email notification with the booking. Click the attachment so the ics file save in your calendar.
- Calendar events will be added to your Gmail calendar for the days booked. They will be displayed as whole days even if the booking is shorter than 8 hours. When you open a particular event you will see the number of hours booked in Precursive, you can adjust the event duration accordingly to the description.
- If the booking will be changed or deleted you will receive an email notification, repeat the steps above - it will overwrite the existing calendar events.