Our app allows you to add some historical actuals to the project.
Thanks to that, you can see the real total amount of time or money spent by your participants on the project, without having to add them manually to all participants' timesheets.
How to add historical actual hours to a project?
1) Go to the 'All Tabs' list and open the custom object Project tab.
2) If it is not available on your list of tabs, you can easily add it by following our article on how to add a missing tab for a custom object: Add a missing tab for a custom object
3) Open the sub-project if it is a simple project or the phase if it is a multi-phases project to which you want to add historical actuals to by clicking its name. Sub-projects from simple projects always have 'simple' in the end of the name, phases have individual names so it is easier to locate them. If some important fields are missing on the layout of the project list and you have issues to recognize them, you can add fields to the layout by clicking the 'Edit' button at the top of the page. Fields that can be helpful in adding historical actual hours are Parent, Project Name, Historical Actuals.
4) If you want to create a completely new layout view, enter a new name into the 'View Name' field. In the 'Specify Filter Criteria' section, you can enter filters. Select needed fields from the 'Available Fields' list and add to the 'Selected Fields' section. You can also restrict the visibility of this layout view at the bottom of the page or make visible to all users. Save this view or click 'Save As' to save it as a new view.
5) When you open the sub-project or phase, find the 'Historical actuals' field on the sub-project/phase layout. If it is not available, add it by clicking the 'Edit Layout' button.
5a) To add 'Historical actuals' field to the layout, drag the field name to the Project Detail section and drop it there. Then click 'Save'.
5b) You can add the historical actuals value by double-clicking the field value or clicking the 'Edit' button.
6) Depending on the budget type and time increment of your project, you should enter the historical actuals value in the appropriate unit as in the table below:
|Budget type||Time Increment||Historical Actuals|
|Time||Hours||sum of historical hours|
|Time||Days||sum of historical days|
|Fees||Hours||sum of historical hours' cost|
|Fees||Days||sum of historical days' cost|
7) After adding historical actuals, click 'Save'.
8) Historical actuals will be visible on the project page in the 'Actuals' field. When real actual hours will be added to timesheets, the 'Actuals' field will show the sum of historical actuals and real actuals added to the project.
Remember that each change in the budget type and time increment will require updating the 'Historical actuals' to the appropriate unit.
9) In multi-phases projects, historical actuals will be also summed up on the phase level.