With Precursive you can configure Security Items (SI) to enable or disable some application views and features for:
- selected profiles (e.g. End User, System Administrator),
- or specific users.
A user has access to Security Items on the Admin page if his profile has the Security Item: admin_securityitems_tab set to Y.
Configuration of Security Mode
The configuration of Security Mode in Custom Settings* determines if the Security Items should be set on the profile level or user level and also it determines what functionalities are available in the Security Items tab layout. Find Security Mode in Preempt Global Settings and type in:
- Security Item to see the standard view and set Security Items per profile,
- or Precursive Profile to see the new view and set Security Items per user. Before you type this one, create a default organization set of security items for users who are not assigned to any profile in Precursive. To know how to do it, read the section 'How to Set a Default Organization Level set of Security Items' in this article.
*Click on the link to find basic information on Custom Settings: link
How To Set Security Items Per Profile
Go to the Security Items tab on the Admin page.
If Security Mode Custom Setting is set to Security Item, the page will be displayed as in the screenshot below.
1) Choose a profile you want to configure SI for. Only custom profiles with Salesforce and Salesforce Platform licenses and the System Administrator profile are selectable in the drop down list.
2) You can also select a custom profile which has not yet been configured.
3) Add a new profile and configure it manually,
4) or use the Clone profile button to create a new profile with SI settings copied from a different profile.
5) A profile can be deleted by using Delete profile button. All SI settings for this profile will be erased. Such profile will be visible again on the add list (2).
6) Use the Search bar to find a specific SI.
7) Tick a SI to enable it.
8) Click on the Actions button to add a description to the SI.
All changes will be saved automatically.
How to Set a Default Organization Level set of Security Items
If you want to set the Precursive Profile Security Mode, create a Default Organization Level set of Security Items for users who are not yet assigned to any profile in Precursive.
Assign the minimum of security items to it so that new users don't have access to everything when they start.
1) Open the Setup.
1a) Type Custom Settings into the Quick Find/Search field or find it in the App Setup → Develop sections.
1b) Click the Manage button next to Preempt Profile Settings.
2) Click the New button at the top of the page.
3) Tick the Security Items which should be set as default, enter the Default name into the Preempt Profile field and click Save.
4) Every time you add a new user and forget to make the setup of security items on the Admin page, this user will be assigned to these default settings.
How To Set Security Items Per User
Precursive launched a new functionality which allows System Administrators to configure Security Items per specific users.
1. Go to the new Security Items tab on the Admin page.
If Security Mode Custom Setting is set to Precursive Profile, the page will be displayed as in the screenshot below.
1) Choose a profile you want to configure SI for.
2) Use the Search bar to find a specific SI.
3) Tick a SI to enable it.
4) Use the Actions button to:
4a) Add a New Profile and configure it manually, it will appear on the drop-down list (1).
4b) Clone Profile to create a new profile with SI settings copied from a different profile.
4c) Delete Profile and all SI settings for this profile will be erased.
4d) Assign Profiles to Users.
2. Assign existing Profiles to Users.
1) Choose a configuration profile you want to assign to a user. You can create New Profiles using the Actions menu.
2) Click on the big arrow and All Users from the list will be chosen.
2a) Use small arrows to choose specific Users.
3) If necessary, use the big arrow, to place all users back on the left,
3a) or transfer the users back individually by clicking on small arrows.
4) Use the Search bar to find Users.
5) Assign the chosen Profile To Selected Users.
- You cannot create or clone new profiles with the same name as any already existing profile.
- If the chosen profile has already been assigned to some users, the arrow next to their names will not be available for them and those users cannot be selected again.