Navigation of the Expenses Tab
Precursive's new mobile application will allow you to submit expenses on the move. With the mobile application you can add, edit, delete and submit expenses.
Click on the "Expenses" icon at the bottom right of the mobile application. The mobile app is synchronised with the standard version of Precursive, so all expenses from My Precursive page will be uploaded automatically.
- Please note that expenses are presented as a summary for the selected timesheet.
- If you want to see expenses from the previous or the next timesheet, swipe the calendar menu or go to the "All Timesheets" icon and select a timesheet there.
How To Add An Expense
1) Click on the yellow "Add New" icon.
2) The "New Expense" window will appear.
2a) Choose the project or phase you want to add an expense to. You can select it from the list or begin typing to activate the search functionality. By default, you can choose from "Public Projects" and projects which you are booked on.
2b) If appropriate, you can turn on the Project Expense switch by dragging the icon to the right. If the Project Expense option is on, the expense is assigned to a project, not to a person who reports it.
2c) Enter the start and end date.*
*You can add expenses for a date beyond the dates of the current timesheet.
2d) Select the "Category" of your expense, "Payment Method" and "Cost".*
*If you are adding a margin to the expense, you would complete the revenue section.
2e) You can add Notes
2f) You can add an attachment, e.g. a photo of a receipt
Finally, click on "Create" and your expense will appear with the status "Planned". If you wish to add another expense to the same project, click on the blue "+" icon as seen below in Screenshot B.
How to Edit or Delete an Expense
- To edit or delete an expense, just click on it and the "Edit Expense" window (3 in Screenshot C below) will be displayed.
- Remember to save your changes.
- Please note: You cannot edit any approved expenses which you have submitted.
How to Submit Expenses
- Click on the "Submit" icon (4 in screenshot D below).
- Once you Submit an expense, the icon will change to "Submitted".
- If you are the approver, when you submit an expense the status of the expense will automatically change to "Approved".
- In other cases, the expense will remain "Submitted" until it is approved.
How to Recall Expenses
You can recall expenses by clicking on the Recall button (5 in screenshot E below) but please remember that approved expenses cannot be recalled.
To see the article about navigating our mobile app, please see the link: link
Click on the link to see how to complete timesheets in our new mobile application: link