You can now schedule people to projects, see their capacity, book and assign resource requests directly from the project page. The view is pre-filtered to the context of the record in which it sits - so that you see only the bookings of the participant, phase, or the project you are looking at. You will see it in the name of the filter in the top right corner. You can still use the ‘Show all Bookings’ function to display other projects to which participants of this project/phase were also added.
The component can be used in the same way you would use the Precursive Plan page - but is now under your hand on the Project record.
How to add the component?
Adding the Precursive Plan Component to the record page (with System Admin access):
- Go to Setup -> Object Manager -> select the object where you would like to embed the component
- Select ‘Record Pages’ - note - you would need to update all record pages used on your org (active)
- If you are using our out of the box page layouts, you will have to clone each of them before editing and saving them. Hit ‘Clone’ and rename the record, to make it easily recognizable. Note - you will need to activate the record to replace the one currently in use.
- Edit the selected record page:
Add a custom tab and name it, for example ‘Plan’ - to do so, click on the place you would like the tab to appear and hit ‘Add Tab’ in the menu on the right
From the left-hand side menu, drag a component called ‘Precursive Plan Component’ and drop it under the Tab name
- If you had to clone the page, remember to activate your page:
Possibly, a pop-up window will appear. Click ‘Activate’
If you are using one record page, set it as Org Default. For multiple record pages, select them one by one and assign to the record page type - the name of the record is visible at the top back of assignment page.
You will have to repeat the same steps for each record page. Precursive Plan is now ready to use.